Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy Summer!!

Summer is a great time for scrapping.  It's so hot outside, and I can stay inside where it is nice and cool, and get caught up on my favorite passion, SCRAPBOOKING!!!  :o)

For all of you that love this hobby also, I would like to remind you that there is no lack of inspiration online.   There are so many classes, some free, some with a modest fee, where you can learn new techniques, and see the latest of what is going on with paper crafting.   It is a great way to use up your stash, and if you are like me, you have plenty to use.

I am going to take the next several  blogs to share some of the places online that I am frequenting for new ideas and plain old fun.  So stay tuned!

The first place I am going to share with you is Camp Scrap, taught by May Flaum over at Big Picture Classes.  I have been a big fan of May's for the past couple of years.  She is so awesome, and her classes are excellent.  She has over 40 projects to make at Camp Scrap for 4 weeks of classes.  At a price of $29.00, this is a great value, and once you purchase this, you can have it  forever.   Big Picture Classes has so many awesome classes.  I promise you there is something for everyone there.

I completed project one, which was about telling a "must tell story".  I know we all have stories, or things we want to share, but if you are like me, getting your journaling done on a project is sometimes non-existent.  We get caught up in the creative process and forget to put down our feelings or information pertaining to our pictures.  I can tell you from experience, your family members will treasure the time you spend writing down the smallest of details, to hear your voice through your written words, long after you have gone.  If this seems hard to you, May Flaum says to "pretend like a good friend is sitting next to you and say it out loud".  That makes it much easier to put down on paper.  I gave it a try, and it really worked!!  Here is my creation from this weekend.

I scrapbooked and journaled a picture of my sister Karen.  This was a picture of us together on her last visit here.  I wrote about what that visit meant to me.  It really was much easier to do than I had ever thought.  I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine on this project also, which was another new technique to try.

It was fun to use a doily too.
Can't wait to start the next project!

I will be blogging more classes for you to check on in my upcoming blogs.
Try to stay cool until next time!!!
Hugs
Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeee your lo! LOVING the misting and the doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So excited you're inspired and creating. And THANK YOU for the kind words! love having you in class.

    May

    ReplyDelete