Sunday, January 11, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year friends and family!!!

Here I am back to telling you all that I am going to try and do a better job at keeping up on my blog.  Well this year WILL be different and I will tell you why.
I love my hobby of scrapbooking.  I truly love it.  It gives me so much happiness to create something new.  I also love everything that goes along with the hobby.  I love all the products, I love the designers, I love the process of coming up with ideas and making an idea come to life.  I want to be involved in every aspect of this hobby, and that includes being on a design team and someday going to CHA.
I know these are high goals to have.  But I like what Louisa May Alcott, author of one of my favorite books, "Little Women", has to say about goals.  “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” So that is exactly what I am going to do.  
I am going to work hard because anything wonderful is worth working for.  I could succeed, but worse case scenario is that I can have fun, make memories, and see where this will lead.  
My first creation this year  is a Tim Holtz tag.  Tim always has his 12 tags of whatever year it happens to be.  So I accepted the January 2015 challenge and created a tag.  This particular tag I have made for someone who means a great deal to me.  I made my tag into a birthday tag for someone who really gave me my start in my intense love of scrapbooking.  My friend Merri Joy bought a scrapbook store back in 2004.  It was my great joy and pleasure to be her manager for two of the happiest years of work, (if you could call it that) in my life.  I will always remember those days fondly, and treasure all the fun and friends I made in my heart.  


So here is to a happy and healthy new year to you all, and to many more creations for the year.  :o)





2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the textures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! You are always so encouraging. 😄

    ReplyDelete