Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding Pages

Hi there!
My last blog had some pictures of the first two pages that my friend Rita and I did for her wedding album.  So, I was thinking I needed to post a couple of pictures of the scrapbook I am working on right now.  It is my daughter Melodie's wedding album.  Now you might say, "that is so nice"!  But my daughter got married six years ago!  She has been very patient, and now she will be moving in the spring to attend Indiana University to receive her master's degree.  So I thought I had better finish this album, so that she can take it with her.
This top page is a layout I did of her walking down the isle.
  I would love to share with you what papers I used and what embellishments, etc, which I do plan to do on my pages in the future.  Unfortunately, almost everything was purchased 6 years ago, and I doubt for the most part, you could find most of the paper. I do know in this upper layout, that I used Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock, and plan on using that in quite a few of the wedding layouts.  A great deal of the supplies used in these wedding layouts were purchased from my favorite scrapbook store of all time, which is no longer in business, Scrapbook Avenue.  I had the pleasure and good fortune to work there for two wonderful years.  My friend Merri Joy owned Scrapbook Avenue, but closed to move to Santa Cruz.  She has a wonderful blog herself, and is one of the most creative people I know.  You might want to check out her blog at Budget Cropper.
Here is the left side of a double page layout of my beautiful daughter.  I did add some stickles to the big flower to match the little flowers.  I LOVE stickles, and use them whenever I can.

This is the right hand side of the "Bride" double page layout.  My daughter was so beautiful here, that I really wanted to keep the page simple not to distract from the picture.
I will try to post some more up to date layouts very soon.
One more fun thing before I go for tonight.  There are some fun free classes coming up on line with some great teachers.  Check it out at Big Picture Classes.  Beginning August 15, they will feature 12 days of inspiration.  All twelve days at no cost to you.
See you soon!

1 comment: